Monday, January 17, 2011

Sorry, We're Closed

Ever gone up to a business before they are open?  What did you do?  Pull on the door, knock on it, try to call the business?  Were you upset if you didn't end up getting inside before they open?

You would be amazed at how many people try to come get ice cream before 11am.  I can't imagine wanting ice cream before noon, but lots of people apparently do.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not rude when people try to come in before we're open.  There have been many instances when I've let people in before we're open.

But there have also been times when I was unable to help them.  There have been times when the ice cream had not been put out, the drawer in the register was not in, or I've been busy taking ice cream out of the machine so I couldn't get to the door.  I'm amazed that people get upset about it!  We're not open!  It's not as if I was refusing them service during our hours of operation.

There have been instances when people have come in accidentally before we are open.  It usually happened because I forgot to lock the door after unloading groceries.  One time, a large woman and her two large sons marched right in, half an hour prior to opening, no lights were on and they started barking out their orders.  Their oblivion astounded me; the lights being off didn't even phase them. 

I've also had a group of 4-5 women come in before we were open.  I let them in to be gracious, and they ended up using the bathroom and leaving.

And we're not rude when it comes to people coming in 2 minutes before we close, because we're still open!  We've even served people who have come in after we closed.  So be courteous when a business is closed; it is run by people just like you who either have work to do or want to go home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment